Screen recorder, screen projection software, and screen capture software are different names for the same device that can be used to record the output from a computer screen.
While screen capture tools vary in price and functionality, most of the tools share many features in common, such as recording screen, screenshot feature, editing options. In this blog, we will look at some of the best free screen recording tools for Windows
Windows Free Cam is a very simple free screen recorder with a built-in audio/video editor. The attractive and intuitive user interface enables the professional transfer of data from the screen.
The program is free but does not contain watermarks or ads. Some of the benefits of Free Cam are -
- No watermark, no time limit, no ads.
- Record high-definition audio and computer sound.
- Users can save videos in WMV format or upload them directly to YouTube.
- Easily remove unwanted video clips.
- Removes background noise and choose sound effects.
ShareX is an ad-free open-source tool that is perfect for anyone looking to share screenshots on the web, with tons of customization, such as a paid software splash screen.
ShareX is primarily aimed at developers and power users, so the average consumer will be pleased with its many powerful tools and editors.
Some of the benefits of ShareX are -
- Full-screen image or navigation, window, monitor, area, hands-free.
- It supports the sharing of many URL services, including keyboard shortcuts for easier and faster navigation.
- Import existing videos, music, or photos.
- Allow custom watermarks and color effects.
CamStudio is the best free screen recorder to create AVI video files. CamStudio is the perfect choice for casual users with minimal editing requirements.
This lightweight open-source screen recording software creates AVI videos that can be converted to SWF.
Some people like its compactness, while others need refinement and technical support. Some benefits of CamStudio are -
- Creating cross-screen videos.
- You can create smaller files.
- Quality options available for video output with custom pointer.
Ezvid is a complete tool for taking screenshots and sharing quick video clips on YouTube operating system. Windows Ezvid claims to be the simplest screen recorder in the world, but it may not be far from the truth.
The brightness of Ezvid increases with the speed of the product. It is specially designed to save users time, create videos and upload them directly to YouTube in minutes.
Therefore, this tool is popular among gamers and moviegoers who are interested in creating video clips as quickly as possible.
OBS Studio is a powerful open-source video streaming and recording software. It is the best free screen recorder to record games for Windows, Mac, Linux.
You can create scenes from multiple sources (photos, text, window recordings, browser windows, webcam recordings, map recordings, etc.) and use customizable transitions for smooth transitions between scenes.
Unlike many other free competitors, OBS Studio has tons of features and settings.
But for those looking for a quick and easy solution for taking screenshots, this all might seem overkill.